5 Versatile Pieces In My Closet

Good afternoon everyone, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Today’s post is about five versatile pieces in my closet. I don’t know about you but there are a number of garments in my closet that I can wear on repeat. Now I have narrowed it down to five of them.

So take a scroll down to see five versatile, simple yet chic pieces that tick all the boxes for me. Maybe you own similar pieces or you may end up investing in a few!

/ BLAZER Similar / TROUSERS Similar / TEE / BAG / SUNGLASSES Similar / TRAINERS

OVERSIZED BLAZER

Now this is the most obvious piece for me and I am sure for a lot of you too. The oversized blazer can be worn for work, for events, worn over a bodysuit, over dresses and to smarten up my go to denim jeans. I love how a blazer can instantaneously make an outfit look put together. Blazers are a great alternative to coats for those not so chilly days and are so versatile that they can be layered with knits too. For those days when it is rather cold throw on a coat on top, it really does work with so many different outfits!

WIDE LEG TROUSERS

By now you all know how much I love to wear a pair of wide leg trousers, so it is no surprise that they would be one of the five pieces that I would include in my list of versatile items. Do love a tailored pair of trousers that has been beautifully crafted. The wide leg trouser is a more relaxed version of the smart trouser, one that can be embraced as part of a casual outfit.

The pair that I am wearing is from non other than ME&EM, I can’t tell you how much I adore these trousers. They are so versatile, that they can be dressed down or up. Here I have opted for a casual smart look and have paired them with my white Superga trainers. What really drew me to these trousers were the braces, I am a sucker for them and absolutely can’t get enough of them!

AN OVERSIZED WHITE SHIRT

Next and onto a crisp white shirt, I mean who doesn’t love one right! It goes with most things, you can wear it on its own and throw on a sleeveless knit and a pair of combat boots and voila you all set. Why not pair the white shirt with some leather trousers add a pair of knee high boots and a biker jacket and you’re all set. The options are endless there are so many different ways to style the oversized shirt. A staple piece of garment in my closet and can be part of a capsule wardrobe too for those seeking a minimalistic closet.

THE BODYSUIT

Moving on and on to bodysuits, love a simple bodysuit, one that can be worn all year round. Whether you want to dress it up or down it sure is another piece that is versatile. Wear it with jeans and a blazer for a casual approach or amp it up and team it with a skirt like my blue fringed Jacquemus one, which you would have seen in one of my previous posts. For the cooler months the bodysuit will work perfectly under a knit and a coat.

LINEN DRESS

Now I know this might not work for everyone due to where you live. But hear me out you can still layer your linen dresses during Autumn/Winter. Add some tights, a pair of knee high boots an oversized sweater and then throw on a coat and you are all good to go. Just like a slip dress that works wonderfully during the colder months well so can a linen one. The linen dress is a must during Spring/Summer. A spaghetti strap midi dress can be found year after year in the stores and one that can be styled in so many different ways making it one of my versatile pieces in my closet!

What are some of your versatile pieces in your closet? Do let me know by leaving a comment below.

AD *This post includes affiliate links*

ENSEMBLE

Trousers: ME & EM Similar

Blazer: KAREN MILLEN Similar

Tee: ZARA

Trainers: SUPERGA

Bag: TEDDY BLAKE

Sunglasses: ILLESTEVA Similar

1. October 5, 2020 / 6:12 pm

Fabulous look on you, Lovely! Interestingly, since I’ve retired, I don’t need as pieces that can work in multiple ways. But for my lifestyle, I’d say my jeggings are the most versatile.

Michelle

2. October 6, 2020 / 7:51 am

I love your outfit! Looks stunning!

Blazers are the best and are an immediate confidence boost for me 🙂

My favourite versatile pieces in my wardrobe are cardigans. I have way too many, but they make layering so easy and depending on the style they can add a whole new level to an outfit.

xx
    Alenija

3. October 6, 2020 / 10:22 am

This looks so cool! Love your outfits! This looks like can be a formal outfit for work too.

Thanks for sharing

♡————————————————————–♡
    Fashion┊Lifestyle┊Japan ― HappyEsme.com

4. October 6, 2020 / 11:21 am

Hi Lovely
    You look wonderful in your 5 versatile pieces!!
    Keep safe!
    xoxo

marisasclosetblog.com

5. October 6, 2020 / 12:52 pm

Just like you there is pieces in my wardrobe which never make me bored to wear them over and over again.
    Oversized blazers and wide Langs pants are also my favorite.
    And I all agree with you you can still wear a linen dress all year long. It’s so nice to wear summer dresses with some layers and stocking.
    xx
    Margot

6. October 6, 2020 / 1:02 pm

These really are closet staples!! I have got to get a body suit – they are so functional! xo, Biana

7. October 6, 2020 / 2:18 pm

I totally love your blazer! and agree with your recommendations!

8. October 6, 2020 / 3:28 pm

All of these are great closet basics! I love your wide-leg pants!

Jill – Doused in Pink

9. October 6, 2020 / 7:42 pm

Those wide-legged trousers are AMAZING! And I totally agree with all your classic pieces,m they’re such a good addition to many wardrobes.

I love everything about your outfits here.

Bettye

10. jodie filogomo
    October 6, 2020 / 8:32 pm

I’d say definitely a dress…I have been wearing them more and more.
    Love the black and white combination here Lovely…it’s so chic.
    XOOX
    Jodie

11. October 6, 2020 / 10:51 pm

This look is incredible. I love those pieces that are at the core of so many looks, it makes everything so much easier x

Sophie

12. October 7, 2020 / 1:16 am

I love this fun outfit on you! You are seriously rocking the wide leg pants!

13. October 7, 2020 / 8:56 am

I feel like everyone needs a blazer in their life! Love your style xx

14. October 7, 2020 / 10:35 am

These pieces look fantastic! My go to’s are basic tees in solid colours. I like to stick with colours that look good for me instead of going with the trends so I can wear them longer 🙂

15. October 7, 2020 / 12:51 pm

The wide leg pants look amazing on you! I just added an oversized blazer to my mostly tailored collection.

bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

16. October 7, 2020 / 6:21 pm

Absolutely love your style! I agree you deffo need a versatile jacket/blazer and a white top.

Thanks for sharing!
    Aimsy xoxo
    Aimsy’s Antics

17. October 8, 2020 / 2:07 am

Yes to the blazer, trousers and white shirt, but linen dresses are so season-specific. I also loathe bodysuits (while I recognize how useful they can be!) – I wore them in the 90s and have many memories of wrangling the crotch snaps. I do not wish to revisit that! Ha!

18. October 9, 2020 / 3:14 am

This outfit looks fabulous on you, Lovely! I agree with all of these outfit heroes, but my appreciation for bodysuits and wide leg pants has grown exponentially over the last couple of years. =)

I hope you are having a great week!

Amber