7 Items To Include In A Capsule Wardrobe

Good morning everyone, today’s post is on items to include in a capsule wardrobe. I will admit I am not yet fully there with my capsule wardrobe. What I am trying to do more of these days is to shop only once a season, easier said than done, specially when it involves blogging and instagram.

Having a capsule wardrobe is a great way to avoid spending money on frivolous items. Also you have a closet full of clothes that you absolutely love and one that has many versatile items. Here are few of mine to get you started and by all means add the items that you tend to wear year after year.

/ SLIP DRESS Similar / BLAZER / BOOTS Similar / BAG / SUNGLASSES Similar

A BLAZER

So let us begin with the blazer now I’m sure most of you will own a blazer of some sort. Gone are the days when this was considered only for the corporate world. Today blazer’s are a classic and an essential piece of garment in our closet. My white blazer is from the RtA Brand and comes in this chic double-breasted design. I adore how versatile it is as I have already worn it with three different outfits. I have paired it with some leather shorts for are hi/low mix. Also worn the blazer with jeans for a casual look. And as seen here with this silk slip dress as another option! A blazer is  must for me and one that has to be included in a capsule wardrobe.

A SILK SLIP DRESS

Speaking of silk slip dresses they are one of those pieces that can take you from a daytime look to an evening out. Here I am wearing my yellow Topshop silk dress which is a couple of years old now. If colour is not your thing then go for a neutral coloured silk slip dress, Max Mara have some beautiful ones. Silk is less prone to creasing hence one of  the reason for choosing it as a forever piece.

Another versatile pieces that can be worn year after year without looking timeless. So many endless options when it come to styling it as well. Add a chunky knit jumper on top and some combat boots for Autumn. For Winter pair the slip dress with a roll neck sweater under it, throw on a coat, then add some knee high boots to complete the look. For the Spring Summer months add a white tee under the slip dress and pair it with some sneakers/trainers for a day time look.

COMBAT BOOTS

Moving on and onto investing in a pair of combat boots that you won’t regret. They will for sure become one of the most-worn pieces in your closet. The perfect compliment to a midi dress, shorts, oversized knit dresses to mini dresses. They also work wonderfully with jeans too, be sure to tuck your jeans into the boots to give you that cool girl vibe!

MINIMAL SNEAKERS/TRAINERS

Next and onto another footwear that is needed in a capsule wardrobe the minimal sneaker/trainer. Such a simple and easy way to style down an outfit and give it some edge. Pair it with a suit, a floral dress, a long knit jumper and the obvious one with some jeans. Comfortable as well as stylish a pair of sneaker/trainer is a bona-fide essential.

JEANS

So on to jeans, try to choose a pair that suits you, that way you don’t have to worry about the trend ones. I love wearing jeans and I have to say my most worn pairs are either in the flared style or in the skinny style. The other styles I will try out but they are not my essential pair of jeans that I wear year after year. When it comes to styling I think of Victoria Beckham and how she styles her high waisted flares.

A CASHMERE KNIT

Now the next item of clothing to include in a capsule wardrobe is a cashmere knit. A sumptuous sweater that you can wear year after year and one that will not go out of fashion. The best feeling on those cold winter mornings is to wear a snuggly cashmere sweater to keep warm!

A CLUTCH

The clutch or grab bag is one that works for all occasion, and most recently the oversized clutch has been championed by the likes of Bottega Veneta. Great for an edgy day time look as well as for those evenings out. What’s not to love about the simple and understated clutch, it works with so many different styles of outfits.

What are the items of clothing you would include in a capsule wardrobe. Do let me know by leaving a comment below.

AD *This post includes affiliate links*

ENSEMBLE

Blazer: RtA BRAND

Slip Dress: TOPSHOP Similar

Boots: PUBLIC DESIRE Similar

Bag: DEMELLIER LONDON

Sunglasses: ILLESTEVE Similar

1. October 1, 2020 / 12:52 pm

Great suggestions here and I love how you styled the blazer over the slip dress. Lovely.

bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

2. October 1, 2020 / 3:53 pm

Yess about the combat boots. They’re so versatile see you end up getting a lot of use out of them. :]

3. October 1, 2020 / 7:23 pm

You look absolutely stunning in this. Those leopard boots are so gorgeous.
    Your list of items to include in a capsule wardrobe is absolutely perfect.

4. October 1, 2020 / 7:24 pm

I do like that white blazer. You look absolutely stunning in this. Those leopard boots are so gorgeous.
    Your list of items to include in a capsule wardrobe is absolutely perfect.

5. October 1, 2020 / 9:48 pm

Such a great statement outfit! I love the boots and the blazer and dress pair so perfectly together! I agree a blazer is a great choice for a capsule wardrobe! πŸ™‚

Hope you are having a good week πŸ™‚

6. October 1, 2020 / 11:47 pm

A white blazer and a pair of combat boots are on my fall wishlist! Your photos are beautiful!

Jill – Doused in Pink

7. October 2, 2020 / 1:34 am

Me encantaron las prendas que elegiste y tu look, saludos:D

8. October 2, 2020 / 1:47 am

These are all wonderful, classic pieces! And I love that slip dress and blazer on you! So chic!

9. jodie filogomo
    October 2, 2020 / 3:00 am

A blazer makes everything amazing, and I adore how you added it to this outfit. BTW, the boots are out of this world.
    XOOX
    Jodie

10. October 2, 2020 / 8:32 am

Great suggestions here

11. Natasha Evans
    October 2, 2020 / 10:22 am

I have most of these pieces already so it looks like I’m well on my way to having a capsule wardrobe!

Tash // A Girl with a View

12. October 2, 2020 / 1:30 pm

Love your items and you are looking fantastic babe πŸ™‚ xx

13. October 2, 2020 / 3:38 pm

The perfect basics for a stylish capsule wardrobe!!!
    In this moment I’m totally into combat boots and balzers!^^
    You look absolutely stunning with that outfit: that slipdress looks like was made for you, and those leo ankle boots are soooo fierce!
    XO
    S

14. October 2, 2020 / 5:24 pm

Yes to adding these to my wardrobe capsule. I love the outfit you are wearing! I want a slip skirt and just haven’t found the right one.

15. October 2, 2020 / 7:20 pm

I’ve actually never heard of the term capsule wardrobe before but I do try to make sure a lot of my pieces work for multiple things, and while I might not have exactly what is in yours I do have similar items that would work. πŸ™‚ Love the look, you look amazing.

16. October 3, 2020 / 2:36 am

I love how your put this outfit together! I need a white blazer like that in my closet!

Eileen | yesmissy.com

17. October 3, 2020 / 1:25 pm

First of all, your leopard boots are to die for. Second, you must be the queen of combat boots. Third, I totally agree with these capsule items.

xoxo Amanda | theaestehticedge.com

18. October 4, 2020 / 11:51 am

With the weather changing to autumn in Europe, a capsule wardrobe is a must!
    Loving your chic and sharp outfit hon! Xo

19. October 4, 2020 / 11:52 am

Beautiful styling! <3
    Elegant and very feminine πŸ™‚
    Have a nice day! πŸ™‚

20. October 4, 2020 / 1:17 pm

Well I’m proud to say that I have all these items! And that I bought my very first silky dress just last month hahah but I’m trying to not do shopping as well, for the environment, for the money, and cause I have so many things already and I want to wear and re-wear them a lot!
    Btw I love so much this link and how the yellow suits you!
    xx Dasynka

21. October 4, 2020 / 5:02 pm

Oooh love the colors of your outfit! Looks super rich!

Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

22. October 5, 2020 / 7:09 am

Great picks! I definitely agree that jeans, blazers, and boots will always be timeless items. They’d go in my capsule too. Gorgeous photos πŸ™‚

Anika | chaptersofmay.com

23. October 5, 2020 / 6:57 pm

Love this lewk on You. You are giving life to a slip dress and there are so many inspirational items on your blog. Kudos!! Thanks for stopping by my blog too.