How To Style A Bralette

Good morning everyone, today’s post is on stying a bralette. Now I am aware that this might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But I am hoping that you may take away some inspiration. For me a bralette and anything high waisted go hand in hand, gone are the days when I used to wear them with low waisted jeans.

This season bralettes have been at the forefront, gone are the days of underwear as outerwear on the runways. The bralettes are very versatile and can be styled in a number of ways.

Take the linen bralette which is ideal for the warmer climate, or how about a knitted number in a neutral colour. So if you already own a bralette or are thinking of purchasing one take a scroll down to see a few ways I would go about styling this garment.

/ TOP / TROUSERS Similar / BAG Similar / SUNGLASSES Similar

FOR A NIGHT OUT

One way to style the bralette is for a evening out where you want to dress up whether it’s a date night with your partner or with your friends. Here I would opt to style my bralette under a tailored blazer paired with some high waisted trousers. Next put on some wedges to elevate and elongate my legs and then add some accessories from earrings to necklaces. Once the blazer is unbuttoned there will be a slight hint of skin on show. Styling a bralette with layers is the perfect way to attend the fanciest of restaurants or a special occasion.

WHEN YOUR AT HOME

Now with a lot more of us working from home, why not opt for a bralette that is versatile for staying in as well for a night out. For working from home pair your bralette with some comfy lounge wear. A pair of joggers teamed with the bralette would work so well, then for those chillier days throw on an oversized cardigan.

This way the bralette can be worn season after season without it being just worn during the summer months or whilst on vacation. Why not pair it with some linen shorts and an oversized shirt as another outfit option. So many ways to style the bralette which is why I adore wearing it.

FOR A DAY OUT

For a day to day look and one that involves dressing in smart casual attire. Team the bralette with some high waisted jeans and then throw on a blazer. Great for those days when I want to meet my friends or my sisters for brunch. Personally I prefer to wear high waisted flared jeans, teamed with my favourite blazer with the bralette under it. Now by all means go for the denim style that suits you or ones that you prefer. Then throw on your blazer, some beautiful mules or flats and a cross body bag which will free your hands.

DAY AT THE BEACH

Finally and onto a day at the beach which is one of my favourite places to wear a bralette. This laid back approach is one of the easiest ways to style the bralette. The weather over here is started to cool down a little and so I am excited to be able to wear my bralette to the beach. Pair the bralette with some linen high waisted shorts to keep it casual but still keeping you cool. Then add a linen shirt as a coverup to help keep the sun at bay. Next add a basket bag and some comfortable sandals which are easy to take off. Take a stroll around to nearby cafes and enjoy the pastries and a drink. A versatile piece of garment that can be styled for so many different occasions.

How would you style a bralette and for for what occasion? Do let me know by leaving a comment below.

AD *This post includes affiliate links*

ENSEMBLE

Trousers: JACQUEMUS via NET-A-PORTER Similar

Top: ZARA

Bag: 16ARLINTON Similar

Sunglasses: RAYBAN Similar

1. September 25, 2020 / 11:54 am

This is such great inspo, I love the way this outfit is styled. Great picks too!

Anika | chaptersofmay.com

2. September 25, 2020 / 1:39 pm

We’re heading into Autumn and Winter in the UK now so I think bralettes will have to wait until next Summer – but I love the way you’ve styled yours, it looks very elegant 🙂

3. September 25, 2020 / 4:06 pm

Oh wow I am obsessed – those shots are gorgeous & you styled it perfectly x

4. September 25, 2020 / 6:09 pm

This is gorgeous! I’ve always wanted to style a bralette but never feel like it looks right – this is definitely motivating me to try it again!

-Anna

5. September 25, 2020 / 6:26 pm

I don’t wear bralettes all that often as tops as here in the UK the weather is definitely more on the cooler side! I love the idea of styling them up for the beach/summer time with shirts and shorts – so chic 🙂

6. September 26, 2020 / 8:09 am

Very interesting and useful post 😊

7. September 26, 2020 / 2:15 pm

I haven’t tried bralette trend yet but I think I would pair it with a blazer. I like that chic way of wearing it.
    You look stunning in this BW combo.

8. September 26, 2020 / 4:19 pm

Wow! You are beautiful woman with good style. You look amazing 🙂

9. September 26, 2020 / 9:24 pm

I love bralettes. They’re so cute and feminine! I’d never have thought to wear a bralette for a lounge look, but your suggested outfit looks incredible. I love your sense of style and always come to your blog for some fashion inspo x

10. September 26, 2020 / 11:21 pm

What a fun off the shoulder top! I love the classic black and white outfit too 🙂

Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend! 🙂

Away From Blue

11. September 27, 2020 / 12:45 am

It is so interesting to see how bralettes are being rocked as outdoor wear now. Yours is so cute!! Love the ruffles hehe. This is definitely perfect for walks along the beach. It is also easy to manage them too!

Nancy ✨ exquisitely.me

12. September 27, 2020 / 10:54 am

Girl, can we talk about how gorgeous and confident you look it these pics! I´m in love with the whole outfit. Thanks for the recommendations, I always struggle when it comes to combining bralettes.
    Kisses from https://sophisticatedmeblog.blogspot.com/

13. September 27, 2020 / 1:55 pm

I’ve been wearing bralettes more and more! Love this inspiration! Your photos are beautiful!

Jill – Doused in Pink

14. September 28, 2020 / 2:21 pm

Such great tips! I love how you styled it and would do so too. Bisou from Berlin
    missvoguevoyage

15. October 3, 2020 / 1:54 pm

I don’t own this style of bralette, and it’s probably more of a confidence thing than anything. Your examples do take a lot of the fear out of bralettes and make them highly wearable.

xoxo Amanda | theaestheticedge.com