Good morning everyone, today’s post on is how to choose the right earrings for any outfit. With the party season on full flow it’s the accessories that will transform your outfits.
Image Source: Unsplash
When looking to accessorise any outfit, your choice of jewellery is a critical component to create that perfect look, and this article looks at ways to select the right pair of earrings to best complement your outfit. Of course, it isn’t only the outfit that needs to be taken into consideration, as hair style and make up are also relevant, and with that in mind, here are a few tips on how to choose a suitable pair of earrings when looking to accessorise your look.
- Facial Shape – Your choice of earrings should be one that complements the shape of your face, and if you have a long face, avoid hanging earrings, as they will accentuate your facial length. Drooping earrings are ideal for the girl with a roundish face, so make sure you take this into account when choosing earrings.
- Consider The Event – The type of social event would have some bearing on your choice of earrings. With a formal event, you should go for something elegant, rather than glitzy. If you are going to attend a prom, for example, then silver hoop earrings would be perfect, especially with an up hairdo. Office parties are better suited for studs, as you might wear when at work, while informal parties and get-togethers call for something a bit flashier.
Image Source: Pexels
- Avoid Brash Looking Earrings – Unless your style is Art Deco, resist the temptation to wear bright and colourful earrings, especially of you are not a teenager. Earrings that are subtle will never look out of place, and with sterling silver creations available from the online jeweller, you have a wide range of different styles to choose from.
- Co-Ordinate With Your Outfit – Avoid clashing colours when choosing earrings, as this will make your look unbalanced, and the best way to choose earring colour is to select a shade that is minimal on your outfit. Don’t match the main colours of your outfit with your earrings, as this will make you stand out for the wrong reasons, and if you are unsure of your earring selection, ask one of your friends for her honest opinion. There are great articles available online that look at jewellery etiquette, which might help you gain a better understanding of the do’s and don’ts of wearing jewellery.
- Second Opinions – In the event you are unsure about a particular pair of earrings, this is the ideal time to ask the opinion of a good friend, which would give you the confidence to wear them, or make it clear that you need to keep looking. Looking good is all about feeling good, and when you are in doubt about any aspect of your look, the best thing to do is ask your friends for their honest opinion.
Image Source: Pixabay
If you would like to effortlessly browse a large selection of earrings, it is easy if you search online for established jewellers, as they would have a large collection of quality earrings, and once you have found what you are looking for, a secure online payment is all it takes to have the items despatched to your home address.
Thank you so much for stopping by to read my fashion blog. Do let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.