HOW TO STYLE THE VOLUMINOUS (PARACHUTE) DRESS

Good morning everyone, today’s ensemble is based around the Voluminous (parachute) dress. At first I was unsure about this dress, I’m sure most of you are too? Correct me if I am wrong! I thought I would try and see how it looked on before making a decision. I can safely say that I was not disappointed to say the least, absolutely love the structure, the statement this dress makes and also the silhouette too.

The parachute dress is all about volume and space, most often coming in an A-line silhouette. I adore the mini style which can be paired with some cowboy boots to make a statement and looks awesome! However, the midi is not far behind and equally looks great on. Ganni, Chloe, Rotate and Zara to name a few have voluminous dresses in their collection.

/ DRESS / BOOTS / BAG / SUNGLASSES

PARACHUTE DRESS

So lets get stuck into it and begin with this gorgeous parachute dress from Zara. The dress comes in short sleeves with a round neckline, pleated detail and of course my favourite thing of all in-seam pockets! Just love a dress that has pockets, who else can relate? The dress also has an asymmetric hem and buttoned opening at the back. If you are interested it also comes in black and white. Now when it comes to styling this parachute dress there are a multitude of ways to go.

First off I could have easily styled my parachute dress with some knee high boots this would be a popular match for Autumn/Winter. Another option would have been to go down the casual road and wear it with some sneakers/trainers which would also work rather well.

SOCK BOOTS

However on this occasion I opted to pair the dress with my black sock boots from Public Desire. My intentions here was to show a little bit of skin and these do just the right job. These come in a high heel and are surprisingly comfortable to walk in, I must say that I wear heels most of the time so maybe it’s just easier for me. Of course alternatively you could pair the dress with some trainers/sneakers like I mentioned earlier if you prefer.

GUCCI BAG

Next and onto my Gucci Dionysus bag which is named after the Greek god. I wanted my bag to be in a neutral colour hence the reason for choosing this one. The bag has been hand-finished by skilled artisans in the house’s Florence workshop from monogrammed coated-canvas and beige suede. Decorated with the signature burnished tiger head buckle, this miniature version opens to a suede-lined interior that’s ideally sized for my iPhone, wallet and lipstick. Such a handy bag that can be worn cross-body, on the the shoulders or can be held in hand by doubling the polished chain.

LE SPECS SUNGLASSES

Moving onto my sunglasses and I opted for a black pair of sunglasses to balance the boots. So here I am wearing my Le Specs Cat-Eye sunglasses in the style rapture from Net-A-Porter.  You all know by now that my look is not complete unless I am wearing a pair of sunglasses. I have had them for a number of years now, I am so glad that I can still wear this pair without them looking dated.

FINISHING TOUCHES

For the finishing touches my make-up is kept minimal, on my lips I am wearing the shade Topped With Brandy from M.A.C. You are all know by now how much I adore this colour. Just take a look at my previous posts. Since switching from the shade Teddy Bear from Lime Crime I have been wearing this nude lipstick on repeat.

Thank you so much for stopping by to read my fashion blog. What do you think of the voluminous parachute dress? Would you wear it? How would you style yours? Do let me know by leaving a comment below.

AD *This post includes affiliate links.*

ENSEMBLE

Dress: ZARA

Boots: PUBLIC DESIRE

Bag: GUCCI

Sunglasses: LE SPECS @NET-A-PORTER

Lipstick: M.A.C.

• Lovely
      Author
      December 14, 2019 / 6:09 am

Thank gorgeous so happy to hear that.

xoxo
      Lovely

• Lovely
      Author
      December 14, 2019 / 6:10 am

Thank you Logan.

xoxo
      Lovely

• Lovely
      Author
      December 14, 2019 / 6:10 am

Thank you so much Chicute.

xoxo
      Lovely

• Lovely
      Author
      December 14, 2019 / 6:11 am

Thanks Radi and have a fantastic weekend.

xoxo
      Lovely

1. December 14, 2019 / 4:29 am

Oooh! I love your dress – the volume speaks really loud when it comes to showing the style. I love that everything flows down together. I need to get some of those boots!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

• Lovely
      Author
      December 14, 2019 / 6:12 am

thank you so much Nancy.

xoxo
      Lovely

2. December 14, 2019 / 12:16 pm

I love that shape on you, but then I think you can wear pretty much anything and look amazing. It reminds me of the shape of many of the mini dresses (and maxis) back in the late ’60s and early ’70s. I think the key is wearing heels or platform sandals or something that elongates the legs, because I can see this dress shape making one look squat. I love that you chose to show a little skin between the hem of the dress and the top of your boots – just the perfect amount. This is a gorgeous look and I’d sure love to give it a try! And I love those nude lip colors you wear!

Ruth

3. December 14, 2019 / 5:53 pm

Oh this IS a fun dress. I can see how some people would be hesitant to wear a dress like this, you do have to be on tall and thin side to pull it off. But is is dramatic and feminine and love it with the sock boots and Gucci bag.

Allie of

4. December 14, 2019 / 7:56 pm

This is such a fabulous statement dress Lovely! The neutral colour looks so good and you look very fantastic.

xx Simone

Little Glittery Box

5. December 14, 2019 / 10:01 pm

You definitely made a statement with this dress !! just stunning
    I really love how you styled it with the boots and the sunglasses, it adds a perfect stylish and chic touch to your outfit, well done !!
    Happy Holidays beautiful,

Sonia

6. Elegant Duchess
    December 15, 2019 / 5:14 am

What a dress!! I do love everything about it and you are wearing it like a star!! You can’t go wrong with sock boots. Fabulous styling 😘

Elegant Duchess xx

7. December 15, 2019 / 3:20 pm

This dress looks amazing! Love the combo with those shoes, you look just wonderful <3

LackaDaisy

8. December 15, 2019 / 9:21 pm

I always thought parachute dress are hard to style, but you make it look easy.
    This dress looks amazing on you, I really like both the colour and the cut.
    The bag you paired it with is so timeless and beautiful.
    You look gorgeous dear!!!!!!!!!!

9. December 17, 2019 / 6:13 pm

That parachute dress looks great on you! I’m normally not a huge fan of that style but I actually really like that dress and how you styled it.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net