It can be daunting to wear all white, specially for those of us who have little ones. I have been there and feel your dilemma. I have put it off in the past due to worrying about getting stains on my garments. They can be washed and dry cleaned so what if they get a little stained! So that in mind, I’m wearing all white to a children’s birthday party. Lets see how long I can go for before I get anything on my garments.
The weather is great today with the sun out and it feels like summer. The white trend is always popular during the summer months. However, I cannot wait till then. This gorgeous Karen Millen sleeveless layered frills and pussybow shirt is just so pretty. The bow is detachable, so if you wanted to wear it without, you can do so. I prefer it with the bow. The frills gives it that eighties big shoulders look. I have styled this up with my Guess flared jean. To make them a little longer, I have let out the hems myself to give it a rugged feel to a polish look. I love my flares to be extra long and covering my wedges.
A few pointers for the trend:
- Make sure to wear your perfume first, before wearing your garments to avoid the unsightly yellowish stain, which can be difficult to remove.
- Try to match your whites if possible, there is more than one shade of white. Cream, eggshell, ivory, Navajo white, and vanilla, (I may have left out a few) but they don’t always compliment each other. Keep the tones in mind, whenever you’re rocking a monochromatic ensemble. You can of course mix shades, but be sure to view yourself before heading out. Do the shades go well together or does one white look brighter than the other making it almost look dirty?
- Go for old-school romance in linen and lace white dresses. Theres plenty of vintage character, but also looks totally current. Keep your cool with sophisticated yet casual classic dresses, pair them up with espadrilles. I have a similar look I will be posting very soon so be sure to check it out!
- Break up the whole white ensemble with accessories. I have styled mine with tan and gold accessories to give the look an edgier vibe without over doing it.
- Keep the makeup natural looking as possible. I would stick to neutral eyes with a dark lip like red/orange or a nude lip. You don’t want dark eye make up as well as dark lips.
To pull the whole look together, I have gone for my vintage Stuart Weitzman bag for Russell and Bromley. This bag was a nod to the Dior saddle bag, the colour ties in very well with my Red or Dead tan wedges and my gold Gucci watch. Finishing the look with my white Carrera sunglasses.
What are your favourite all white look?
Thanks for reading my fashion post.
Shirt: Karen Millen
Jeans: Guess similar here
Bag: Stuart Weitzman for Russell and Bromley
Wedges: Red or Dead similar here
Sunglasses: Carrera similar here